The energy from the North, originates from the centre of the Earth and travels from North to South following the Earth’s magnetic field lines, thus it is magnetic in nature. This feminine energy is called the Organic Life Energy, as it is cooling, healing and nurturing. Mercury, which influences communication and finances, is the presiding planet of this direction. This direction has more influence on females than males.
In general a residence or workplace should be designed to allow as much of this vital energy to enter your space as possible.
- Open space and a low veranda,
- Larger windows than the South, Southwest and West
- An entrance, mirrors, and small green plants help to facilitate this.
- The North is a good location for an office, study, library or living room and is most suitable for storing valuables or locating a safe, as Kuvera, who is the treasurer of the Devas (Demigods) resides here.
- Air and Water are two elements of this direction, therefore a flowing water feature in North of your garden or home is an excellent positive vastu trait
- No heavy storage
- No clutter
- No fire element
The Negative outcome of Poor Vastu Has shown the following problems:
Long term weakness in the Vastu of this direction inhibits cash flow and can cause serious health problems such as diabetes and cancer.
The Vastu Remedies
- When the Buddhadeva yantra is energised or installed in the North it helps ensure you are exposed to the optimum positive energies of this direction.
- The Meru Chakra pyramid (3-D Sri yantra) placed here magnifies the productive qualities of the Sri yantra many fold, counteracting any imbalances in the energetic level
The Positive outcome using Vastu Principles
Improving the Vastu of this area fosters creativity, art and music, and enhances financial gain and communications. Strong Vastu in this area also aids in solid investments, good planning and management abilities. It also affects the functioning of the liver, solar plexus, lungs and nervous system in a beneficial way.