Rahu is known as the northern lunar node. According to Vedic understanding Rahu is a subtle planet and is considered to be the most vicious of the nine planets. Rahu adopts the qualities of the planet which rules the sign it is placed in and its influence can also be felt on the psychological plane. The feet of the Vastu Purush lies here and all energies following the path from the North and East terminate here, after being ‘used up’ or consumed, providing the Earth element and Negative Energy potential. Rahu represents large and dark rooms.
The Vastu-To Do’s
- Ideally any windows in this area should be smaller in size or less in quantity than windows in the rest of the building.
- Due to the depleted energy in the Southwest direction, it should be made heavy and blocked with either large furniture or immovable heavy storage, like a pivot for the building.
- The best room functions are as an adult bedroom, store room, stair case or as an executive or directors office at work.The Southwest also works well as a relaxation space, especially for women.
- The Southwest wall is a good place to keep photos of parents and close family members especially the elders or grandparents, teachers and your Guru. Images of landscape with tall mountains symbolise the quality of ‘large’ and ‘heavy’.
- This area is suitable for the owner of the property and anyone whose influence is appreciated and welcomed.
- Please avoid water and fire on the Southwest point of your home or building in order to avoid a clash of elements with the earth element here.
- Slopes in landscape should not give lower land in the Southwest as this will increase this ‘dead’ energy in your plot.
Possible Negative outcome with weak Vastu
Vastu studies have shown water storage here has a direct correlation to heart attacks in men. Fire element either by cooking or a regularly used fireplace have shown to give digestive disorders due to wind or gas. Weak Vastu in this area will lead to craziness, neurosis, obsession, psychological problems, dissatisfaction, dishonesty and problems with diseases of bone , teeth, feet and the central nervous system. Heres a list of other difficulties that can come about:
- Diminished Power and influence within your business or social circle
- Cash Flow problems
- Personal obstacles
- Depletion of savings
The Vastu Remedies
Whilst chanting the Varahadev mantra, you can place its Yantra (see top of page), on a Wednesday afternoon, in the Southwest point of your home or work place thus nullifying any Vastu discrepancies on the energetic and karmic levels and thereby create a space where you can get in touch with the beneficial qualities of Rahu.
Any severe spatial defects can be further transformed and harmonised with the installation of the Vastu pyramid in the centre of your property or on the Southwest point, which will work well in conjunction with the Varahadev yantra on your wall. Please contact me for more information on Yantras and Pyramids.
The Positive outcome using Vastu Principles
- Increase your power and influence within the social status.
- This direction enhances power, fame, fulfilment of desires and strong Vastu here will lead to harmony with the collective trend, increase prestige, popularity, fame and power.
- Positive Vastu here insures profitable influences in business and continued cash flow and personal strength.
- The heavy weight acts as a pivot for the Vastu purush as his feet are placed here, giving a sense of stability and grounded-ness.
- Vastu shastras say that good Vastu can help the owner be more in control of the mind.