- The Northeast is the most energetically sensitive part of a building,
- As previously stated the North is the source of Organic Earth energy and the quality of the energy flowing from East to West is Solar Life energy.
- Both of these qualities compliment each other, and when they combine in the Northeast they form the one life energy that represents the whole spectrum of life supporting processes.
- This portion of the house represents the head of the Vastu Purush and is thus considered to be the most sensitive and sacred space within your home, being ruled by Ishan or Visnu. It is the ‘intelligence’ of the building’s energy field and represents future male progeny and particularly affects the male members of the household.
- Maintain an open and clear space here as well as you can place a still water feature ; pond, lake or pool, providing it is positioned on either side of the NE axis and not directly on it.
- Large windows and open space allows some of this spiritual energy to enter your space and consciousness, lacking that, a mirror on the Northeast wall and any yellow colored flowers or decor as well as images depicting still water will help strengthen this sensitive space.
- At Home: This area is best used for meditation, yoga or prayer room and an office. It is also ideal for a younger children’s bedroom.
- At the Office: It is well suited for a manager’s office or for intellectual work, planning ahead and forecasting finances and future business or other ventures.
The Don’t s
- If this area is closed or made heavy with storage, the Vastu Purusa will become energetically disturbed and subsequently the psychological stability of the residents also becomes proportionally disturbed.
- If your Northeast of your property has a missing segment, you may feel as if you aren’t moving ‘ahead’or making progress or unable to plan ahead.
- Considering the sensitivity of the Northeast it is strongly advised never to have a toilet in this direction. If the building already has a toilet in this area then it’s use should be avoided altogether and if restructuring this space is an option, then please do it !
- Electrical equipment (fire element) kept to a minimum
The Possible Negative Aspects:
- Weak vastu in this area can lead to debts, wrong judgments, extremism and confusion. It becomes difficult to plan ahead and have mental clarity.
- Your Health: please watch out for diabetes, liver problems, gall stones and skin problems
- Failing all the recommended positive vastu traits, please do not despair; place a Vamandev yantra on the Northeast point of your room or property, installing it with it’s associated mantra .
- A Meru Chakra is also an ideal tool for counteracting negative energies in this East as is the Sri Yantra, it works wonders !
Long Term Benefits for You
- With Jupiter as its presiding planet, positive Vastu in the Northeast awards you: Happiness, knowledge and spirituality and is responsible for your expansion of consciousness as well as financial growth, contentment, illumination and mental clarity.
- And for those persons pursuing spiritual development this area can help you nurture your meditation and spiritual practices.
Your consciousness becomes supported for having a charitable disposition, giving to uplifting and beneficial causes.