We have mentioned the 12 Vasati laws in the introduction of twelve laws for successful healthy living. Here we are describing the Third of the Four Energetic Laws in more detail. There are always many questions about the scientific foundations of Vastu, by understanding these Vasati Laws we can come to appreciate the authenticity of this science. The Third basic Energetic Law of Vasati follows on from the First and Second Energetic laws and it demonstrates the strong and weak areas in any given space.
Strong and Weak Areas; This principle addresses the qualitative difference between the life strengthening directions of the North and the East and the two energetically weaker directions of the South and the West. Accordingly, each side of a square that is parallel to the cardinal points can be divided into strong and weak energetic points.
- On each side, the Northern and Eastern half is energetically stronger than the Western and Southern half.
- Each side of an energy field has a strong and weak half. The Northern and Eastern half is always the stronger than the Southern and Western half.
- Thus on the East side, the Northeastern point is energetically stronger than the Southeastern point.
- The same principle applies to the West side, where the Northwestern point is energetically stronger than the Southwest.
- The Northern side of the Northeastern half is energetically preferable to the Northwest point.
From this simple basic rule, important practical conclusions can be deduced to help regulate the energy influx within a building, plot or a site.
6 Practical Ways to Ensure Positive Energy Flow
- Roads that directly aim at a site are to be seen as positive if both meet in a strong area.
- Roads that meet in a weak area are considered negative.
- Dead end roads and roads which make a right angle turn in either one or both directions, directly in front of the building site or house are also negative.
- Entrances, doors and windows should preferably be in the strong areas of a house or a room. This ensures that mainly positive energies flow into your building or plot.
- Doors are seen as positive when they are in a strong part of the house and their energy flows parallel to the East-west or North-South axis. While Feng Shui considers it not positive to put doors and windows opposite each other, Vasati sees it as positive based upon this third natural law.
- Conversely, energy flow along the the sub-direction diagonals, e.g. Northwest to Southeast are deemed negative.
The Fourth Basic Energetic Law of Vasati