Chart depicting the primary relationships affected by the eight directions
The Northwest of your house is associated with the Moon. This direction offers perception and clear transmission of ideas, and affects our intellectual capabilities.
- If there is a missing segment here or insufficient open space, it may cause lack of productive and heartfelt exchanges between family members.
- This Vastu imbalance can manifest as mental instability and mood swings. An elongated or extended Northwest is shown to reflect fear of being cheated or abused – or even imagined difficulties that aren’t really there. Psychosomatic symptoms may manifest.
- If the air element is being prevented from circulating through the whole room, apartment, house or office, by a blocked or heavy Northwest it reflects as emotional disturbances, fickleness and even addictions.
- The Northwest direction must be kept light, clear and support a flow of activity and movement in order to improve our loving relationships. This is conducive for productive exchanges for healthy relationships, bringing mental peace, love and sanity.
Center of House
- A cluttered centre, or no open space in this part of house can cause anxiety and restlessness with lack of peace of mind within ourselves.
- A toilet, kitchen and underground water tank in the centre of house may cause disagreements.
- In times gone by, the innermost part of your space was reserved for close family members as it is the sanctity of your home.
- An open and clear centre area becomes a good receptacle of energy flow from the eight directions, as well as providing easy access to all parts of the house and all parts of our being.
- Ideally a skylight window placed here would brighten your whole space and lift your spirits for positive moods.
- While present day architecture does not design homes with open courtyards in the centre, to allow the light directly into the house, in India you can still see many homes and all temples with this aspect.