The Eastern direction brings us the Sun’s vital life force. Therefore balancing the space in this area directly nourishes our health and well being. The Eastern energy originates from the rotation of the earth on its own axis as well as from orbiting the Sun. This energy flow from East to West is the solar life energy corresponding with the electric field. This direction, being associated with the Sun, stands for truth and light. The Sun, as origin of other planets, represents the “self” of the whole universe. It’s qualities are warming, vitalizing, catalyzing and male, and it strongly affects the father-son relationship in the house.
- This area should be kept open, clear and light to allow as much of the therapeutic morning Sun to enter your space.
- Large windows are always well placed here.
- The best use of the East is a main entrance, reception, study, altar, healing room and bathroom without toilet.
- It is a good place for a garden.
- The energies of this direction support initiation of new projects from here.
- The East should not be used as a storeroom
- nor should it be the highest part of the house.
- A downward slope towards the East is conducive for this energy entering your plot of land
Possible outcome of weak Vastu in the East
The heart area of the Vastu Purusha body are affected by the quality of the East direction as is your own heart and blood circulation. Over time, weak Vastu in this area has been connected with character weakness, lack of willpower, heart diseases, circulatory disorders and skin and back problems.
- If you are unable to utilise any or all of the positive functions for the Eastern part of your space, then I highly recommended the use of Vastu correctional tool such as the Ramachandra Yantra to help strengthen it.
- A Ramachandra Yantra can be installed in the East on your plot, building, room or apartment for generating and amplifying all the positive energies of the East. A Sri Yantra or Meru Chakra and Vastu pyramid will do well, installed and positioned here by displacing any unbalanced and negative energies with all the positive qualities in your space, your energy and your life.
The Positive Outcome
The Eastern direction awards the gifts of good health, legal stability, steadfastness and optimism. It provides you with the boost of energy to begin new projects from.
The Eastern direction brings us the Sun